Businesses become more effective and agile through Business Process Automation (BPA), where regular processes are replaced by technology like virtual agents or cognitive engines integrated into software. In fact, BPA projects have exploded in recent years, driven by CEOs whose organizations are quickly embracing digitization or who simply want to free up their workforce for more innovative, high-value activities.
BPA is not a particular technology. Instead, it’s a continuous process of employing technology to automate manual activities, partially or entirely removing humans from the equation.
Companies may now automate virtually any horizontal business function, including demand planning, revenue forecasting, marketing, ERP, CRM, customer care, and HR, thanks to more powerful software workflow engines. Similar to this, increasingly sophisticated big data, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), and AI and machine learning capabilities are enabling fascinating industry-specific vertical BPA projects.
Business Process Management (BPM) in the Banking Industry
Banks and financial services companies are under pressure to navigate a complicated digital terrain while adhering to constantly changing regulatory requirements, innovating more quickly than their rivals, increasing operational efficiency, and providing seamless consumer experiences.
The banking and finance sector is one of the top investors in technology and automation as a result of the rise in digitization and automation technologies. Some of the top banks in the world are making significant investments in automating their main business processes.
The very essence of the customer journey is being redefined by BPA in banking. Customers now want businesses to think digitally first. The business process framework of the banking sector has changed because of banking automation. The way banks communicate with their consumers needs to be reconsidered. Delivering an exceptional customer experience across many digital channels is the foundation of digital banking.
A rise in new banking technologies is reshaping the banking industry as a result of consumers’ growing desire to receive banking services through digital channels.
In the banking sector, BPA aids in the management of internal monitoring of procedures like compliance management. BPM-enabled banks are better able to pinpoint competitive advantages, produce results, and build internal procedures. There are several chances to use BPM techniques in the retail banking business process structure. By improving visibility and control over crucial procedures, removing errors, and speeding up customer response times, BPM software helps revolutionize banking operations.
The primary goal of process automation in banking and financial services is gaining flexibility and agility in banking services. BPM automation software can be used to streamline and improve the business process flow in both retail and corporate banking.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) in Banking
Automation in the finance sector can be successfully implemented through RPA. RPA in the financial industry is the use of robotic applications to supplement (or replace) human operations. RPA assists banks and accounting divisions in automating repetitive manual operations, allowing staff to concentrate on more important activities and giving the company a competitive edge.
There are numerous front- and back-end processes operating in the banking and financial services sector. RPA can considerably increase these functions’ productivity. Some instances of RPA in the banking sector include the processing of credit cards, accounts payable, customer service, processing of mortgage loans, and account closure.
The capabilities of a simple rule-driven RPA are constrained. It strictly adheres to the standards for automating jobs and makes no exceptions. It may sign in to an account, transfer some data, and then log out.
Banks use intelligent automation to improve RPA by integrating AI tools like machine learning and natural language processing. RPA software can handle complex procedures, comprehend spoken language, identify emotions, and adjust to real-time data thanks to this.
Benefits of RPA in banking and finance
PRA is being used in different industries, including healthcare, education, and finance. The market for RPA was estimated at $1.57 billion globally in 2020, and from 2021 to 2028, it is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 32.8%. 80% of financial sector leaders, according to Gartner, are already utilizing RPA in some capacity. The following are a few of the most obvious advantages of financial process automation:
- Saves time. Once set up, a robotic application can cut the time required to complete particular tasks by up to 90%.
- Improves the effectiveness of human workers. According to studies, robots can complete certain activities up to five times faster than humans. People can focus on something more meaningful instead of wasting time and energy on mundane tasks, which raises overall employee well-being and job satisfaction.
- Decreases human error. Financial RPA manages its assigned responsibilities in a methodical manner. Output quality will be improved by removing mistakes that typical employees might make.
- Allows you to scale activities smoothly as necessary. Robots don’t require breaks and can perform longer shifts. During peak hours, they can handle an increased number of requests.
- Reduces expenditures. RPA adoption is expected to result in a 30% cost reduction, according to Deloitte. Accenture proposes an 80% cost decrease with robotics in finance for a number of tasks.
- Assures that no additional infrastructure costs arise. RPA use in banking and finance doesn’t necessitate major infrastructure modifications. It is an additional layer that covers the current banking applications.
- Reduces interference from the IT department. Employees can be trained to manage their own robotic helpers.
Appello enables banks and financial firms to meet their challenges and thrive in today’s digital business environment through our custom Business Process Automation solutions. We combine strategy, technology, data, and design to create enterprise-grade technology which can amplify the level of user experience to meet any specific business requirements. Contact Appello today.