The demand for utility applications have increased exponentially over the past few years as the world is embracing the digital revolution. Thanks to a change in consumer behaviour and the expectation of having their needs met nearly instantly, the on-demand food delivery field has completely transformed.
Food delivery apps focus on convenience, instant gratification, and endless options to choose from. People are getting their food delivered when they want, from where they want.
According to Statista, the online food delivery space generated revenue worth $107.44 billion in 2019 and is expected to surge to $156.82 billion by 2023, at a growth rate of 9.9%. The platform to the customer delivery segment has the most substantial part with a market volume of $53.8 billion in 2019 and is forecasted to surge to 82.2 billion by 2023.
When considering market opportunities, more and more entrepreneurs are looking into the on-demand food delivery industry with mobile apps. It is clear that food delivery and a delivery system can never be out of trend and apps that are speaking to this need, are quickly becoming one of the growing forces in the food industry.
Shedding more light on the significance of food delivery mobile apps, here are some statistics that can help you understand the unprecedented scope of technology in the food industry.
- The online food delivery market has increased 300% faster as compared to the increase in dine-in traffic since 2014.
- Online food delivery market is anticipated to grow from $20 billion in 2017 to $55 billion in 2022.
- 34% of the consumers spend at least $50 per order while ordering online. This is in stark contrast to the average $16-30 one spends in a full-service restaurant.
Key features to include in a food or food delivery app
If you are going for the order only model, you have to manage three parts, the customer app, restaurant app, and the admin app. On the other hand, if you consider the order and delivery model, then it will have an additional driver panel.
- Restaurant List.
- Delivery Address.
- Food Cart.
- Payment Mode.
- Review & Rating.
- Order History.
- Push Notifications.
- Multiple filters.
- Real-time tracking.
- Promos & Coupons.
- Help & Customer Support.
- One-click Dashboard.
- Registration & Profile Management.
- Manage Customers.
- Payment Management.
- Order Management.
- Driver Management.
- Modify Elements of the App.
- Reset Passwords.
- Campaign Management.
- Plan Discounts & Promotions.
- Manage Restaurants.
- Feedback Management.
- Push Notifications.
- Reporting and Analytics.
Restaurant Panel Features
- Managing Orders.
- Accounts & Management.
- Restaurant Profile.
- Add Products.
- Accept & reject order.
- Multiple payment options and gateways allow the restaurant to receive or transfer money.
- Brand Management.
- Special Offers/ Coupon Code Management.
- Order Alerts.
- Track Payments.
- Order Reports.
- Customer Support.
- Reject Order.
Delivery Personnel Panel
- Delivery History.
- Call/Chat option.
- Online Support.
- Managing Orders.
- Status Update.
7 Best Food Delivery and Ordering Apps in Australia:
- Food Delivery App – Menulog.
- Food Delivery App – Deliveroo.
- Food Delivery App – Uber Eats.
- Coffee Ordering App – Hey You.
- Vegan and Vegetarian App – Happy Cow.
- Open Table.
- Wishful Thinking – Postmates.
Apps developed and designed by Appello
Appello has been involved in the development and design of numerous apps:
- BiteRite – Personal Meal Planning App. BiteRite is the first app that will completely tailor your weekly meal plans while connecting you with a qualified dietitian.
- Kitchko – An innovative new marketplace idea which will leverage existing on-demand food markets to introduce home-cooked meals.
- Chez – Chez is leading a food revolution in Australia. Chefs can cook amazing meals from their own homes to sell to hungry customers. Food is sold ready to eat, groceries or as pre-packaged meals.
- Grabbit Local – Delivery On-demand. Grabbit Local became a reality after COVID-19 hit the world and it enabled small businesses to tap into the digital market. It allows local businesses to easily join, and list their favourite products to sell, and deliver to customers in Australia.
- Huggg app – Users can send virtual messages to contacts that can redeem for real gifts such as coffee, food and other things.
- Eatly Pay – An eat now, pay later app designed by Appello.
The key to having a successful food and food delivery app
The core idea of a food delivery app is to provide a solution that does not require people to leave their homes, even on ordinary days, to avail of their services. The system gives them the facility to stay in the comfort and safety of their homes and avail everything that they need in just a few clicks.
Whether you’re a restaurant owner hoping to improve your sales, customer loyalty and retention rate or you’re an entrepreneur investing in your next big project of online food ordering service – the above features are a must-have in your app to improve the user experience.